The AC1000A is an innovative, low cost, pure power source designed specifically for use with a harmonics analyser such as the TTi HA1600, permitting compliance quality measurements to EN61000–3–2.
The AC supply available at a standard wall socket is usually distorted. This comes about because of nonlinear loads (non–resistive loads) on the AC supply such as transformers, fluorescent lights, switched–mode power supplies etc. In a typical load there are rectifiers and capacitors that cause current to be drawn from the supply only near the peak of the waveform. The effect of this is to flatten off the top of the sine wave causing significant distortion.
In a typical factory environment this distortion can be so significant that it is easily visible using an oscilloscope.
Key Features Include:
• Provides an EN61000–3–2 compliant source
• 1000W power capability at 230V
• Up to 4·4A rms load current and up to 10A peak currents
• Comprehensive overload protection
• Connection via standard power connectors